You may notice that the admissions process at necessary steps in order to ensure that we will be a good match for each applicant and their family. We look for children and parents of diverse talents, backgrounds, experiences, and cultures who will benefit from a cooperative, nurturing environment where students are challenged to reach their full potential.
The admissions procedure is a process. It is designed to give families an opportunity to learn about our preschool, our philosophy, and policies, and to meet our staff. It also gives us an opportunity to assess each child’s personality and determine whether we are able to meet the needs and expectations of the parent(s)/guardian(s).
Children are accepted upon the basis of readiness for the environment and potential for success in a Montessori classroom. It is equally important to determine whether the parents’ educational philosophy is compatible with that of Navarre Montessori Academy. Our goal is to enroll families who will both benefit from and contribute to our unique environment.
Step 1: Parent Visit
Prospective parents are invited to tour the school and observe our environment. We encourage you to expedite the (online) scheduling of your school tour by clicking here. While we are selective in our admissions, our small class sizes are filled via a first-come, first-served basis. ***A tour must be completed prior to submitting your application, however, the visit is not necessary for placement on our Waitlist if our environment is full. There is a separate Waitlist application.
Step 2: Trial Day & Parent Interview
Interested families must submit an application for their child along with a $75 non-refundable application fee here. By selecting us each family needs to consider how well it fits, not only between the child and the school but also between the parents and the school. This is why we offer a trial day for each new family to enroll. It will allow each parent to get an idea of how well the school matches with their sense of values and goals, for their child’s well-being and education. The best way in determining which school is right for you and your child is through close personal observation.
After the trial day, parent(s) meet privately with the Directress to discuss classroom procedures, expectations, and objectives and discuss any questions you may have.
Step 4: Notification
Upon completion of Steps 1-3, prospective families will receive notification within 3 business days as to our admission decision. Upon acceptance, you will receive an enrollment packet that must be completed prior to entrance, along with a copy of your child's Birth Certificate, proof of physical within the past year, and vaccination record or exemption form issued by the FL Department of Health. A student is formally enrolled when the Directress receives the signed contract, all completed forms, required documents, and $150 annual registration fee.
We consider enrollment in Navarre Montessori Academy to include the family as a whole, not just the child. We seek families who wish to work in partnership with the preschool on an ongoing basis and who will be committed to supporting the Montessori philosophy at home as well as at school. As such, we reserve the right to deny enrollment to those who do not demonstrate acceptance and support of our mission. At the sole discretion of Navarre Montessori Academy, the enrollment of a student may be denied if it is determined that the school cannot adequately serve the needs of the child. Be advised also that the number of children who can be accommodated is dependent upon Montessori guidelines and state regulations.
Consider the commitment:
▪ Your child will likely have a phase-in process to smoothly acclimate to the routine of their new environment. This may be as short as one day, or as long as two weeks of gradual acclimation. Phasing-in depends entirely on your child's comfort level and previous experience in a school setting. During this time we ask that parents stay flexible.
▪ The Navarre Montessori Academy community asks that parents prioritize attendance at our parent education events.
▪ Attendance in a Montessori school awards students a new experience which builds entirely upon the prior year and culminates in the mastery of the academic and social topics first introduced in year one.
▪ We ask parents to encourage their child’s independence at home. This may mean incorporating new ways for their child to contribute to the family by helping with daily chores and more. While typical programs may not ask as much of its parents, we aren't a typical program! We know that the relationship between a preschool and its children thrives on the collective contributions of each family.
▪ We encourage all parents to read and familiarize themselves with the policies and procedures written in the Parents Handbook and the Partnership Agreement.
In order to join Navarre Montessori Academy, we require that the child:
Be at least 2.5 years old.
Fully potty trained
Has basic independence skills such as cleaning up small messes and able to separate from his/her parent(s) fairly easily.
Displays a readiness and willingness to receive instruction and to learn.
The child is able to ask for help, express needs and wants, and follow directions.